Inverell Shire Council now provides its residents the opportunity to complete and submit the request form to receive rates and water notices by email. To register for electronic notices, please read the terms and conditions in full before proceeding with completing the online form.
In addition to the online form, other avenues you can use to sign up for electronic notes are:
- Visit Council's Administration Centre in person at 144 Otho Street, Inverell, or
- Email email@example.com to request a form and one will be sent back for you to complete.
Inverell Shire Council respects your privacy at all times. When processing your application we collect personal information about you for the primary purpose of providing you with a high level of customer service and the information will only be used for the purpose for which it was collected.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Following receipt of your request:
1. Council will no longer post paper rate, instalment and water notices to you, or any person to whom paper rate notices for the nominated rate assessment(s) were previously sent.
2. All future rate or instalment notices will be in the form of a PDF attachment to an e-mail sent to the e-mail address nominated by you.
3. You must advise any other person to whom paper rate notices are currently being sent that they will no longer receive paper rate notices as a result of your request. Council will not be responsible for providing this notification.
4. You must check your nominated e-mail address for rate and instalment notices before the respective payment due dates of 31 August, 30 November, 28 February and 31 May.
5. You agree that you are deemed to have received the e-mail when it reaches your internet service provider, whether or not you have opened or read the e-mail.
6. You agree that you will retain the rate notice information yourself electronically or by printing it.
7. You can withdraw your request for e-mail delivery of rate notices at any time by writing to Council. Your withdrawal request may be e-mailed, posted or faxed and will include an up to date forwarding mail address.
8. The delivery of rate notices via e-mail will be cancelled if any ratepayer of the nominated rate assessment or their authorised agent requests cancellation.
9. Upon withdrawal or cancellation of the e-mail delivery service, Council will commence sending paper rate notices to the last advised mailing address for the rate assessment.
10. If Council receives a 'bounce-back' notification from your e-mail address, a paper rate notice will be sent to your last advised mailing address for the rate assessment. If two or more consecutive bounce-backs occur Council may cancel the request for e-mail delivery of rate notices for that rate assessment. An "out of office" notification will not be considered a bounce-back notification.
11. You are responsible for keeping your e-mail address up to date. If you change your e-mail address you must advise Council in writing.
12. Using an "out of office" or similar notification for a change of e-mail address will not be deemed sufficient to have advised Council of a change of e-mail address as rate notices are sent from a mailing house, not directly from Council.
By continuing you are stating that you have read and understood the Terms and Conditions listed above and certify that you act on the behalf of all the owners of the property.