For The Kids
Something for the kids?
The Library has many events dedicated for children of all ages.
With weekly storytime sessions, our popular school holiday activities and our dedicated children and youth areas and collections there is something for everyone.
All children and their parents are welcome to participate in any of the Library events. Futher information and conditions of these Library events can be found at the bottom of this page.
For other Library hosted events, please visit our News & Events page.
The Inverell Shire Library hosts a variety of activities throughout the school holidays for kids of all ages.
Most of these activities have a limited number of places - making a booking early will help guarantee you a spot.
Finishing times for these sessions are approximate.
School Holiday activities will be published here prior to school holidays commence.
If you wish to book or would like more information on any of the sessions, please phone the Library on (02) 6728 8130.
Storybox Library has tons of videos of fantastic Australian stories being read by great storytellers. We were lucky enough to win a 12 month subscription to the site, and we would love you to try it out with your children.
To access Storybox Library, go to the website https://storyboxlibrary.com.au/ select Family login, and log in with the credentials:
Please note that this subscription is for a single device at a time, so when you are finished, please log out of the site.
Please let the library staff know what you think.
- Please be advised that food & beverages will be supplied by the Library at some of the holiday sessions. Library staff are unable to monitor what every child eats. Children with significant allergies or food intolerances who book in for these sessions should be supervised by a parent or guardian. If the child is old enough to know what foods to avoid on their own the library officer should still be advised of the issue to assist in preventing any allergy-related problems.
Supervision of 6-17 year olds
- Parental supervision is not compulsory for 6-17 year olds during school holidays sessions, but it is recommended in the case of the younger children in this age bracket, or if a child is likely to become distracted or disruptive.
- Library staff will do their utmost to monitor attending children, but consideration must be given to the fact that the Library is a public place, and, unlike a childcare facility, children are not locked inside.
- It is expected that parents explain to their children prior to attending any of these sessions that they are not to leave the building until they are picked up by a parent or guardian.
- Activities that require materials to be purchased by the library will incur a charge.
- The charge will be minimal and implemented on a cost recovery basis.